Tasty Chicken Fajitas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Add chicken; stir. Marinate for 15 minutes. In a nonstick skillet, cook onion, chicken and marinade for 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add peppers; saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in salsa. Divide mixture among tortillas; top with cheese. Roll up and serve.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 450 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 799mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 18, 2015
Very good, but next time I need to use mild salsa for the kids. I marinated it for 4 hours, used 1 1/2 pounds of chicken, doubled the marinade, and added 1/2 an orange pepper.
Sep 21, 2008
These fajitas are fantastic! I have fixed them quite a few times now, and there are never any leftovers!