Tasty Cherry Meringue Dessert Recipe
—Roberta Moellenberg, Idalia, Colorado
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 1. Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add cream of tartar and vanilla; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 275° for 1 hour; turn oven off (do not open door). Let meringue cool in oven for at least 8 hours or overnight. Just before serving, spread with whipped topping and top with pie filling. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece: 108 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Tasty Cherry Meringue Dessert
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC