Tasty Blueberry Muffins
“This is a great recipe that can be mixed in minutes the night before or in the morning for a speedy breakfast,” says Beth Oliver from Waterford, Wisconsin. “Oats and orange juice give the muffins unique flavor, and applesauce makes them a bit lighter.”
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the orange juice, egg substitute, applesauce and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill half full with batter. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 159 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Tasty Blueberry Muffins in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007