Tasty Baked Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 5 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 shallots, chopped
- Place the chicken in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, tarragon, paprika and pepper. Combine the sherry, lemon juice and soy sauce; drizzle over chicken. Top with shallots.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, basting occasionally. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 180°.
Nutrition Facts3/4 pound: 259 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 572mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Apr 18, 2012
This is a wonderful easy recipe. It makes the kitchen smell inviting, and the Chicken when does is superb! I do add a little garlic to the recipe, and have brown rice, and a vegetable for dinner. Thanks for a great recipe!
Oct 20, 2011
We really enjoyed this. It is easy to prepare, and gives baked chicken a great flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.