VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 shallots, chopped
- Place the chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, tarragon, paprika and pepper. Combine the sherry, lemon juice and soy sauce; drizzle over chicken. Top with shallots.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, basting occasionally. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Tasty Baked Chicken in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p144
Reviews forTasty Baked Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review