VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 4 to 5 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 11 ingredients. Add 1 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside 2 cups of sauce for basting.
- Brush ribs with the remaining sauce; place in two large resealable plastic bags. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle both sides of ribs with salt and remaining pepper. Place on grill rack over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Baste ribs with some of the reserved sauce. Grill 15 minutes longer or until juices run clear and meat is tender, turning and basting occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tasty 'n' Tangy Baby Back Ribs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p224