Tasting is Believing Whole-Grain Brownies
These whole-grain brownies are the treat we serve when we're trying to convince folks that baking with whole grain doesn't have to be an exercise in deprivation! Moist, rich and deeply, darkly chocolate, these brownies are the ones to go through life with.—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar. Return to the heat until mixture is hot but not bubbling.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to a large bowl. Stir in cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso powder and vanilla. Add the eggs, stirring until smooth. Stir in flour and chips.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and let stand overnight before cutting.