Tastes Like Eggnog Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, adding nutmeg and ginger to dry ingredients. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in extract. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 14, 2018
This was so easy to make and tasted great! Very moist and gave the flavor of eggnog. Will definitely be making again as everyone thoroughly enjoyed it.
Dec 17, 2012
Very simple to make, which was great! Made cupcakes out of the batter and followed the recipe exactly. Definitely gives you the eggnog flavor when you don't have eggnog to drink!