Tart Orange Gelatin Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free orange gelatin
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3 tablespoons sugar*
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar substitute in boiling water. Stir in orange juice concentrate and cold water. Add pineapple and oranges; mix well. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; refrigerate until set. In a bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Add lemon peel; mix well. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping; spread over gelatin. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 12 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Splenda No Calorie Sweetener. Look for it in the baking aisle of your grocery store.
1 piece: 99 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Tart Orange Gelatin Salad
"Sooo good. I made it twice in one week!"
"I made this with regular jello,cool whip and sugar.It was a huge success,and several people asked for the recipe.I grated fresh orange peel on top.I will definately make it again."
"I made this instead of a birthday cake for the local Seniors. They loved it!! Nice and cool in this 95 degree heat. Will definitely make again!"
"Really good. The family loved it. When I use sugar free products they usually complain about an aftertaste. I didn't tell them it was low cal and they didn't notice. I didn't have any lemon peel so I didn't include it. Will definately make again."
"Delicious. Usually not a huge fan of orange jello but this combination is awesome!"
"I like to make things ahead and this one I could that with."
"Very cool, refreshing, and easy to make. A hit in our house where jello isnt usually served. This would make a nice dish to take to a potluck. Just to be sure it's set up right, I'd make it the night before. I accidently used sugar free lemon pudding mix instead of vanilla but it was really delicious, just the same."
"My Mom came for a visit and is sugar restricted. I was excited this came out this week so I could have something new to try that she could have. THIS IS AWESOME. I am not sugar restricted and I loved it... will make again!"
"Great fast and healthy, no that sweet, you may add apples, too"