Tart ‘n’ Frosty Limeade Dessert
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + freezing
- 1-2/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (12 ounces) reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 6 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar and pecans; stir in butter. Press into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Pour the milk into a metal bowl; place mixer beaters in bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Beat milk until soft peaks form. Fold in the limeade concentrate, sugar, lime zest, vanilla and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 145 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Mar 18, 2012
Made this for St. Patricks Day dessert. After a heavy meal it was a nice, light, sweet, tart, cold, creamy burst of flavor. My kids want to try it with orange juice and orange rind, my husband wants to try it with lemon, all agreed it will be great on a hot summer night, lime, lemon, or orange.