- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk egg, orange juice, butter and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Transfer to an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with flour. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews forTart Cranberry Quick Bread
"This bread is delicious!! I would like to try it with whole wheat flour.Thank you for sharing this recipe :)"
"easy and tasty. Add 1 tbsp cinnamon, sub 1 tbsp vanilla in Lieu of water, 1/2 cup of sugar walnuts. Sprinkle And pat down brown sugar over the top. Voila"
"Great recipe. I amped it up with 1 T of orange zest, cut the cranberries into smaller bits and made the into mini muffins. Hubby loves them!"
"So easy and tasty. I made two loaves with cranberries and then substituted blueberries for the third loaf."
"I sat down to read my healthy Cooking yesterday while watching college football. I saw this recipe and remembered I had about 2 cups of cranberries leftover that I hadn't used with our Thanksgiving cranberry salad. So, my son and I baked two loaves of this bread. We had one with supper last night, and I gave the other way to some relatives we met for breakfast this morning. I will be making several of these for holiday gifts. I like that it is tart and not to sweet. Great recipe!"