My mother always made this cranberry bread. I usually stock up on cranberries when they're in season and freeze them so I can make this year-round. —Karen Czechowicz, Ocala, Florida
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk egg, orange juice, butter and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Transfer to an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with flour. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Tart Cranberry Quick Bread in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p9
Reviews for Tart Cranberry Quick Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review