Tart Cranberry Orange Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makes4 mini loaves
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, beat the egg, orange juice and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Transfer to four 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Bread may be frozen for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 228 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 2, 2008
Every year my mom, my daughters and I get together and make this bread for Holiday gifts - none of it ever goes to waste! I have also made this recipe as muffins and mini loafs, just adjusting the baking time. One of the best quick bread recipes I have found.
Dec 29, 2007
I made this two different ways and we liked both. I followed the recipe but I only had dried cranberries, so I soaked them in the warmed orange juice & they worked out well. The second time I used white whole wheat flour and I used pecans. I also put it all into one loaf pan and baked it an extra 10 minutes. It was pleasing to the eye as well as the palate. Both loaves were gone in no time!