Tart Cranberry Coffee Cake
I rely on a box of quick bread mix to hurry along this moist coffee cake. An easy powdered sugar glaze drizzled on top helps balance the tartness of the cranberries. —Karen Smeltzer, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange quick bread mix
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place quick bread mix in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, milk and egg; stir into the bread mix just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve warm if desired.