- 3 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until slightly thickened and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Add butter and extract; beat 2 minutes. Gradually stir in flour just until combined. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Spread in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forTart Cranberry Cake
"OMG...this came out perfect and so good.the tangy cranberries...wow...I added walnuts and little bits of chocolate....OMG this is so good...everyone should try it...."
"Just a question, no baking powder?"
"Just made this tonight - thank you to the person who shared the recipe! Excellent on the 1st try. I added 1 tsp of Vanilla and 1 tsp orange peel. I found a 12 oz bag of cranberries is approx 2 1/2 cups."
"I've made this recipe several times. It is always tasty. For a made from scratch cake it goes together quickly."
"I have also been using this recipe for years. EVERY.single.time I make it, I'm asked for the recipe. This past Thanksgiving, I had 2 pies and 2 cakes. This one was the only one to completely be eaten. LOVE it! :D"