Tart 'n' Tangy Vegetables Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mixed pickling spices
- 4 small cucumbers, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. bowl, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, pepper and salt. Place pickling spices on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to vinegar mixture.
- 2. Stir in the cucumbers, tomatoes and carrots. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Discard spice bag before serving. Yield: 4 cups.
1/2 cup: 76 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Tart 'n' Tangy Vegetables
"My mom used to make a recipe similar to this and I have been searching for something like it and this is it - I am so happy - it is just delicious"