Our family adores lemon desserts. I like to make this lemony tart for brunch. For extra-special events, I bake it in my heart-shaped tart pan. —Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota
Recommended: Lemon Meringue Pie-Inspired Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in flour. Press dough onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 18-22 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove foil and weights; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until bottom is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice, eggs, egg yolks, cream cheese and cornstarch until blended; pour into crust. Bake 18-22 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Lemon Tart in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p172