"This is a great dressing for perking up any kind of salad," says Tammy Landry of Saucier, Mississippi. "Try mixing it into potato salad—it will tingle your taste buds!"
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons powdered fruit pectin
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, dissolve pectin in boiling water; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the apple juice concentrate, vinegar, mustard, oil, tarragon, pepper and pectin mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 71 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Tarragon Vinaigrette in Light & Tasty December/January 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.