Tarragon Turkey Salad
Mandarin oranges complement tender turkey and bow tie pasta in Shannon Bitenc's summery salad. "My family loves the combination of citrus and tarragon in this delicious dish," she writes from Scottsdale, Arizona.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add turkey, celery and oranges. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, orange juice, mustard, tarragon, orange zest, salt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve over lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 0g sugar total.
Originally published as Tarragon Turkey Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2002