Tarragon Skillet Chicken Recipe
Broilers are the leading farm product in our state, so chicken is a staple on many dinner tables here. I've prepared this recipe several times and it always gets rave reviews.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Pound chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; cut each half into three pieces. Season with salt, pepper and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, saute a third of the chicken at a time in butter until browned and no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onions until tender. Add the cream, lemon juice and tarragon; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 493 calories, 37g fat (22g saturated fat), 206mg cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Tarragon Skillet Chicken
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC