Tarragon Skillet Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Hot cooked rice
- Pound chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; cut each half into three pieces. Season with salt, pepper and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, saute a third of the chicken at a time in butter until browned and no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onions until tender. Add the cream, lemon juice and tarragon; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 493 calories, 37g fat (22g saturated fat), 206mg cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Apr 25, 2013
this meal is delicious! i sliced up the chicken first and then cooked it. it was really great. quick and tasted fancy enough for company... will definitely make again
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.