Tarragon Salmon Steaks
"I used this recipe often when I cooked for the 'Meals on Wheels' program in our hometown," writes Helen Sandsbraaten of Naicam, Saskatchewan. "The salmon is mildly seasoned with lemon and tarragon, and it's quick to make."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 salmon steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place salmon steaks in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter and lemon juice. Sprinkle with the tarragon, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 415 calories, 30g fat (11g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Tarragon Salmon Steaks in Taste of Home August/September 2003