Tarragon Mushroom Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Place the chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms, sherry, butter, tarragon, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Place the flour in a small saucepan; gradually whisk in cooking liquid until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 138 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 22, 2014
Yum! Really flavorful!~ Theresa
Feb 10, 2011
This was great. I didn't have any tarragon, so I used a little fennel seed and some thyme. Also used fresh mushrooms. The thighs were partially frozen, so I cooked for 5 hours and ate it the next day. Be careful not to overcook.
Nov 12, 2009
I really like this recipe, which I serve over brown rice. I sustitute 6-8 oz of fresh mushrooms for the jar of mushrooms.