Tarragon Mushroom Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Place the chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms, sherry, butter, tarragon, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Place the flour in a small saucepan; gradually whisk in cooking liquid until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 138 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 22, 2014
Yum! Really flavorful!~ Theresa
Feb 10, 2011
This was great. I didn't have any tarragon, so I used a little fennel seed and some thyme. Also used fresh mushrooms. The thighs were partially frozen, so I cooked for 5 hours and ate it the next day. Be careful not to overcook.
Nov 12, 2009
I really like this recipe, which I serve over brown rice. I sustitute 6-8 oz of fresh mushrooms for the jar of mushrooms.