Tarragon Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, optional
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add potatoes; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the butter, pepper, salt, garlic powder, tarragon and paprika if desired. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before microwaving. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes, stirring once. Microwave 4-6 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup: 322 calories, 18g fat (12g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Tarragon Mashed Potato Casserole
"Everyone really liked the taste of these and I liked that I could make them ahead. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars was because the texture was a little odd."