Tarragon Mashed Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add potatoes; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the butter, pepper, salt, garlic powder, tarragon and paprika if desired. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before microwaving. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes, stirring once. Microwave until heated through, 4-6 minutes longer.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 322 calories, 18g fat (12g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 22, 2012
Everyone really liked the taste of these and I liked that I could make them ahead. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars was because the texture was a little odd.
Nov 19, 2011
Tried these as a possibility for Thanksgiving because they can be made ahead of time. It worked beautiful and the flavor was WONDERFUL. I am using these for Thanksgiving.