Tarragon Mashed Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add potatoes; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the butter, pepper, salt, garlic powder, tarragon and paprika if desired. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before microwaving. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes, stirring once. Microwave 4-6 minutes longer or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 322 calories, 18g fat (12g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jun 22, 2012
Everyone really liked the taste of these and I liked that I could make them ahead. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars was because the texture was a little odd.
Nov 19, 2011
Tried these as a possibility for Thanksgiving because they can be made ahead of time. It worked beautiful and the flavor was WONDERFUL. I am using these for Thanksgiving.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.