- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds chicken breast halves (bone in)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; seal and shake. Reserve 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to bag. Close bag and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Drain, discarding marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-low coals for 7 minutes. Turn and baste with reserved marinade. Continue cooking and brushing with marinade for 23-38 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forTarragon-Lime Chicken
"Disappointing for my expectations. You really couldn't discern the tarragon in it at all."
"Not even going to lie, I'm not too fond of tarragon because it can be a bit on the overwhelming side. This recipe, however, seemed to have a good balance that was not overwhelming. I would definitely suggest that you give it a go!"