Tarragon Lettuce Salad
I found this recipe in a packet of materials that came with some butter lettuce seeds several years ago. It has become a favorite. It is so easy yet so good
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 3 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 4-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 heads Bibb lettuce, torn
- For vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- To serve, place lettuce in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat.