Tarragon Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine the beans, water and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the tarragon, lemon-pepper and pepper. Drain beans; add vegetable mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 71 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jan 4, 2008
This is my favorite way of dressing up green beans. The tarragon and lemon-pepper seasoning don't overpower the natural tastiness of the beans. Many thanks to Ruby Williams for this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.