- 4 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine the beans, water and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in margarine until tender. Stir in the tarragon, lemon-pepper and pepper. Drain beans; add vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTarragon Green Beans
"This is my favorite way of dressing up green beans. The tarragon and lemon-pepper seasoning don't overpower the natural tastiness of the beans. Many thanks to Ruby Williams for this recipe."