VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons chipotle or other hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine, optional
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle chops with garlic powder and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Brown chops on both sides; remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and green onions; cook and stir 3 minutes. Place chops over mushroom mixture. Bake, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix mustard, pepper sauce and, if desired, wine; spread over chops. Bake 2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with tarragon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tarragon-Dijon Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Reviews forTarragon-Dijon Pork Chops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2017
"I made mine in a cast iron skillet. Loved the bed of mushrooms. Served with garlic-olive oil mashed potatoes."
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2016
"Wonderful flavor and easy. My kind of meal."