I wanted to do something different with chicken breast, so I put together this recipe based on ingredients I had on hand. Every time I made it, I experimented a little more, until my family declared, "This is perfect. Don't change a thing!" —Teri Lindquist, Gurnee, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 8 slices deli ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups crushed cornbread stuffing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Arrange chicken in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place a slice of ham and cheese on each chicken breast.
- In a small saucepan, combine the soup, wine, sour cream, tarragon, salt and pepper; heat through. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with stuffing and parsley. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 362 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 801mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Bundles with Tarragon Cream Sauce in Reminisce April/May 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.