“Though I lightened the sodium in this delicious pork entree, it’s just as flavorful,” assures Sherri Halloran from Colonial Heights, Virginia. “It’s a quick and easy weeknight dinner.”
Recommended: 11 Favorite Thanksgiving Gravy Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops in 1-1/2 teaspoons butter for 8-11 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter for 3-5 minutes or until almost tender. Add wine or broth, stirring to loosen browned bits. Stir in tarragon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Serve over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tarragon Chops with Mushrooms in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p8