Tarragon Chicken with Apples for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Hot cooked long grain and wild rice, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in 2 teaspoons butter for 3-4 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, cook apples in remaining butter for 6-8 minutes or until tender; remove and keep warm.
- Add apple juice to pan; cook and stir over medium heat for 4 minutes or until juice is reduced by half. Add milk. Return chicken to pan; cook for 3 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the apples and tarragon; heat through. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 236 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Nov 22, 2009
I tripled this recipe and used chicken tenders rather than breasts. My family loved it and I received rave reviews when I took it to a recovering friend and her husband as well.
Sep 15, 2009
I loved this recipe!! I will definately be preparing this one again and again. The apple mixed with the chicken and tarragon....WOW!! Thank u for sharing!