Tarragon Chicken & Veggie Packet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (5 ounces)
- 2 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Place chicken on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top with mushrooms, carrot, green onion, garlic salt, tarragon and pepper; dot with butter. Fold foil around chicken and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 229 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 4, 2010
The chicken was so moist. I substituted sugar snap peas for the carrots. There was a lot of juice in the packet, so I served it over couscous to help sop up the liquid.