I became tired of traditional chicken sandwiches, so I came up with this recipe. Tarragon provides a nice subtle seasoning, while sunflower seeds add extra crunch.
Recommended: 15 Tea Sandwich Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/3 cup salted sunflower seeds
- 8 croissants or rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the first three ingredients. Stir in chicken, celery and tarragon. Just before serving, add sunflower seeds. Line croissants with lettuce; top with 1/2 cup chicken salad. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p91