Tarragon Chicken & Romaine Salad
This three-in-one spring salad combines the best natures of romaine, chicken and potato salads, crowned with a touch of crisp bacon. — Kathy Yarosh, Apopka, Florida
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Small romaine heart leaves, optional
- 16 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk onion, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and seasonings. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine salad mix, chicken, celery and potatoes. Just before serving, add dressing; toss to coat. If desired, serve on small romaine leaves. Top with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 342 calories, 27g fat (4g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Tarragon Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2013