- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine or spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, optional
- In a large bowl, combine soup, cream, tarragon and pepper. Stir in the linguine and chicken.
- Transfer to an ungreased 4-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheese and paprika if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forTarragon Chicken Casserole
"Very good! The tarragon added a great flavor. But the sauce was a little thick. I think next time I might add a little chicken broth to thiin out the thick creaminess. Will definitely make this again!"
"I have been using this recipe for years and my family ( Grandkids ) love it. I do adjust by using noodles and adding pepper and salt to taste. Is great with whole cranberries on the side:) Our Toddler grands love it!"
"This had no flavour, other than the tarragon which didn't seem to go with the dish. At least it did stay creamy, though."
"I've been making this regularly since the recipe came out years ago. Substituting milk for the half and half works fine and reduces the fat. Since I don't care for tarragon, I substitute the same amount of basil and it comes out tasty."
"It was okay. It's pretty easy to make but it was kind of bland to me."
"This was ok, but nothing special. I like tarragon, but think it was a little too strong in this casserole. The next day I added some ranch dressing to it before reheating, and it actually tasted better. If I make again I'll definitely make some changes."
"The Tarragon chicken casserole was a big hit with my family! I added a small can of mushrooms and onion flakes to it and it tasted a little bit like chicken stroganoff. I only had full fat cream of chicken soup and full fat half and half on hand, but you could lower the fat intake by buying the 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup and fat-free half and half. Also, I cut the recipe in half to make 6 servings instead of 12 and put it in the oven for 20 minutes. Perfect!"