Tarragon Cheese Loaf
- 1 unsliced round bread (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Slice bread horizontally into thirds; remove top section and set aside. Spread butter over the bottom and middle sections; sprinkle with tarragon and cheeses.
- 2. Reassemble loaf; tightly wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
1 slice: 270 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Feb 19, 2017
I tried this recipe since I had some extra tarragon I need to use up and it did not disappoint. While I was assembling, I was worried that it was cheese overload but once it baked, the melted cheese/bread ration was just right.
Jan 28, 2010
I am kicking myself for not trying this years ago! It is tasty and so good with pasta. I used sourdough upon the recommendation.