- 1 unsliced round bread (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Slice bread horizontally into thirds; remove top section and set aside. Spread butter over the bottom and middle sections; sprinkle with tarragon and cheeses.
- Reassemble loaf; tightly wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forTarragon Cheese Loaf
"I tried this recipe since I had some extra tarragon I need to use up and it did not disappoint. While I was assembling, I was worried that it was cheese overload but once it baked, the melted cheese/bread ration was just right."
"I am kicking myself for not trying this years ago! It is tasty and so good with pasta. I used sourdough upon the recommendation."