"I always served vegetables with rich sauces," explains Kathy Armstrong of Post Falls, Idaho. "So when I started cooking healthy, I was glad to find this creamy treatment for broccoli." Prepared in the microwave, the low-carb side dish is ideal alongside most any main course.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the broccoli, water, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir; microwave 1 minute longer or until broccoli is almost tender.
- Drain; stir in butter until melted. Combine sour cream and tarragon; stir into broccoli. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.