Tara’s Spanish Chicken
This recipe has simple flavors that take me back to Grandma's house. She knew a million ways to cook a chicken, but this was my favorite. —Tara Imig, Fort Worth, Texas
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over chicken mixture. Toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, until chicken juices run clear, 55-60 minutes.
4 ounces cooked chicken: 402 calories, 27g fat (6g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Feb 13, 2020This is outstanding! Best chickenIve made in a long time and it’s unique. Made it Sunday, shared with a friend who made it yesterday and her husband said to thank me because he loved it, too!
Sep 26, 2019This is delicious! I had six thighs and two breasts, so I doubled the ingredients. It looked so pretty when it was done. This is a winner!
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC