Taquitos with Salsa
Our Test Kitchen jazzed up store-boughten quesadilla rolls from the freezer section with a spicy salsa that's a breeze to stir up. Tip: Serve the combo as an appetizer, snack or quick dinner.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes1 dozen (2-1/2 cups salsa)
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) frozen steak quesadilla rolls
- 1 jar (16 ounces) lime-garlic salsa
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare quesadilla rolls according to package directions for microwave cooking. Meanwhile, for salsa, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with quesadilla rolls.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 165 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 1229mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Easy Beef Enchiladas in Quick Cooking May/June 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.