The best thing about this creamy, old-fashioned pudding is that it's made the night before. That's a real plus when cooking for a crowd.—Bernice Hartje, Cavalier, North Dakota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) tapioca pudding mix
- 8 cups milk
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) lemon pie filling
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) fruit cocktail, drained
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) pastel or plain miniature marshmallows
- In a Dutch oven, cook pudding and milk according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate until chilled. In another bowl, fold whipped topping into pie filling. Gently stir in the remaining ingredients. Fold in pudding. Refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 103 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Tapioca Pudding in Taste of Home August/September 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.