You don't have to go to great lengths to zip up zucchini, as this recipe so tastefully proves. Our Test Kitchen stirred up the savory solution-saute it in a jiffy!
- 4 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in oil until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Add vinegar; saute for 1-2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated and zucchini is evenly coated. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Zucchini Saute in Country Woman January/February 2007, p31
Reviews for Tangy Zucchini Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2015
"Really flavorful. Another great way to use zucchini."
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2012
"Made this tonight, and it was quite good! The garlic and vinegar really added a kick of flavour."