Tangy Zucchini Saute
You don't have to go to great lengths to zip up zucchini, as this recipe so tastefully proves. Our Test Kitchen stirred up the savory solution-saute it in a jiffy! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in oil until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Add vinegar; saute for 1-2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated and zucchini is evenly coated.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 72 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Zucchini Saute in Country Woman January/February 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.