- 14 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon and onions. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, vinegar, honey, red pepper and seasonings; slowly whisk in the oil.
- Pour over watermelon mixture; toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forTangy Watermelon Salad
"Absolutely delicious - a real hit! Left it in the fridge overnight, and then drew off a lot of the liquid before serving. Can't wait to make again."
"This is very good! Make sure you let it refrigerate longer than the two hours it calls for. Not so tangy unless it chills for several hours, but so good with the onions!"
"Sounds delicious, tho 14 cups sounds like a strange measurement!"
"I made this for a family picnic. It was delicious. I was glad there were leftovers to bring home so I can keep eating it!!!"
"This is a great twist on just plain watermelon. My whole family loved it!"
"DELICIOUS!!!! I made this for my familys Easter potluck BBQ, and it was a TOTAL HIT!!! Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. I didnt use exact measurments, just one seedless melon, a red onion, a red bell pepper and like 4 scallions. My mom raved about it so much that 3 people for her work asked for the recipe! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!!! will deff be making again!"