Tangy Venison Stroganoff
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3-1/4 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless venison steak, cubed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Hot cooked noodles
- Place venison and onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the next seven ingredients; pour over venison. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sour cream and horseradish. Gradually stir into venison mixture. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 317 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 1081mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 43g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 24, 2010
I've made this several times and I always get lots of compliments on it. The horseradish adds a very nice flavor.
Apr 15, 2009
i love this recipe, but I also add a little garlic!
Dec 14, 2007
My husband and I did not like this recipe at all. It was very easy to prepare, but the taste was not very appetizing.