Tangy Tuna Macaroni Salad
A well-seasoned vinegar, mayonnaise and yogurt dressing perks up this chilled tuna and macaroni salad sent in by field editor Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan. Green peas, parsley and olives add color to the medley.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Cook macaroni according to package direction; drain and rinse in cold water. In a serving bowl, combine the macaroni, celery, tuna, peas, parsley and olives.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to tuna mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 163 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Originally published as Tangy Tuna Macaroni Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.