Tangy Tuna Macaroni Salad
A well-seasoned vinegar, mayonnaise and yogurt dressing perks up this chilled tuna and macaroni salad. Green peas, parsley and olives add color to the medley. —Ruth Peterson, Jenison, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Cook macaroni according to package direction; drain and rinse in cold water. In a serving bowl, combine the macaroni, celery, tuna, peas, parsley and olives.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to tuna mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 163 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Originally published as Tangy Tuna Macaroni Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2002