This colorful salad features a delicious vinaigrette dressing made with stock pantry items. When you don't have much time to get dinner on the table, use prepackages salad greens.
Recommended: 33 Bright Winter Salads
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced chives or fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. In a salad bowl, combine greens and tomatoes. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Tossed salad in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p3