- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer onion, red pepper and mushrooms over pork chops.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; pour over pork and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until pork is tender. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTangy Tomato Pork Chops
"We liked this a lot. I skipped the red pepper and mushrooms (not in my taste pallet) If you want some kick try diced tomatoes with green chiles (rotel, etc.) It's YUMMY"
"This was excellent! I used a boneless pork loin and sliced it into 6 pieces, about an inch thick. I used Grill Mates Garlic and Onion seasoning on them instead of the salt and pepper. I also just sprayed the pan with Pam instead of using oil to brown them. Followed the rest of the recipe and cooked for 8 hours. Seved over noodles. It reheated great too! Will definately make again. I'm not sure why the other person only cooked for 6 hours?"
"Tried this recipe last night. Didn't have enough pork chops so I used some boneless chicken breasts. It was great! Served it with baked potatoes and put some of the sauce over the potatoes. Will definitely make this again. I plan to use it for an easy company dinner, especially in the summer when it is too hot to use the oven."
"It's very hard to find a variety of slow cooker meals that we all can enjoy. When my boyfriend said he liked this one, I knew we had a keeper!! A couple of things I did a little different: I used canned tomatoes from the garden, and long grain wild rice for the bed. Definetly an easy weeknight meal for me to finish up after a long day at work! Thanks again!"
"I used Butterfly (boneless) chops instead. Meat was very tender and extremely tasty. My family loved this recipe and it will become a family favorite. Thank you Taste of Home!"
"I would definitely not make this recipe again!!! There was absolutely no flavor to this meal. The tomatoes still had that metallic taste after cooking for 6 hrs, and and the onions didn't cook down at all."